Sunday 13 March 2011

The Big Switch On

Monday 14th March... That's the day that the electric finally gets switched on and the house will light up.

Tuesday 15th March... That's the day that the kitchen gets delivered and the fireplaces turn up.

Wednesday 16th March... That's the day that the kitchen will be fitted.

In and around all of this, the interior will be painted, doors will be hung (albeit all the upstairs doors are now in place). Patios will be laid and front door steps will be constructed. The garage will be rendered and the roofing completed.

In short - this is going to be a big week. There will hardly be room to move on site. (Thankfully, I'll be nowhere to be seen!). It still seems like there is a lot to do and a very short period of time to do it, but I guess the professionals are involved rather than a DIY amateur like me - if I were to hang a door, I'm quite sure it would take me hours!!!

As with every blog entry, it is appropriate to show some imagery - people like photos because some people can't read. So here you go:

A boiler:

The electrical consumer unit:

The view from the top of the stairs:




I wonder should we start to think about packing up and getting ready to move in?

No comments:

Post a Comment