Wednesday 16 February 2011

Virgin Hooked Up

The race to the finish line is well and truly underway and yesterday it was the turn of Virginmedia to hook up their services to the house. They are a little early, but I certainly didn't want them turning up at the end of the project only to make a mess of our newly landscaped front garden and newly laid driveway. So yesterday, they laid their cable from the road up to the house.

Staggeringly, though, they insisted on leaving behind a set-top box. There is no television in the house! There is no front door yet! The house is not habitable! And Virginmedia were told of this situation - we shan't be in a position to move in until the end of March at the earliest.

But rules are rules! The STB was left. Even though I will be sending it back as soon as I move in to be replaced by a V+ box.

Yet again, my dealings with Virginmedia have not lived up to the expectations I would have of a professional organisation. Unfortunately, those same dealings have lived up to the expectations I have of Virginmedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment