Wednesday 23 February 2011

On what level?

It's been a very busy week. It started off on Tuesday with a site visit to discuss the positioning of steps, patio and planters! It sounds fairly simple until you realise that our site slopes, in more than one direction. And also, that the ground you are standing on is not at it's final height. Everything needs to be built a wee bit higher than you would imagine, and trying to figure out what steps will look like where the ground runs off in 2 directions is (for me) a bit hard on the brain.

I went up today cos I heard that the external doors and the stairs have arrived. I'm not sure what I imagined with regard to the doors, but I am not sure that they are what I expected. I am not a huge fan of the colour but as I look at the photo, it is starting to look better. I think when the windows are uncovered it will be better too. The stairs are all covered in a protective plastic so I haven't seen them yet. I do find this a bit scary as I have put in so much effort to get everything right. The size we decided on for the stairs looks to be perfect although the side walls haven't been built yet. It's a pity we have to have them at all, but it's for my own safety as I have fallen down the stairs more than anyone else (that might explain a few things!)
Anyhoo, I have a sore head again tonight trying to imagine the size of our raised beds in the final scheme of things, more slopes and steps to contend with, round the front this time! Hopefully a good nights sleep will help and I will be able to make the decisions I need to when I go up again to tomorrow.
On top of all that (moan, moan, moan) I had a house viewing at no. 34 last night as well. It's a good job we are getting a weekend away in Edinburgh so that I can wind down a bit. Hope I can ditch the OCD on all matters house related so that our friends aren't bored rigid! Perhaps a bit of ogling at some International rugby players might help :0)
Right, Neil Oliver is on the telly now and I'm off to find out about Ancient Britain and cosmology.


1 comment:

  1. PS. Phoenix gas have been out and installed the gas as well. It's been a busy week!

    ReplyDelete