Saturday 12 February 2011

Clabbered...

When the builder said that the drains had been put in, I did expect that some digging would be involved and that the recent "wetness" would ensure our building site was a bit of a bog.

I wasn't wrong.

My shoes - what was I thinking! - got "stuck in the mud" on too many occassions today. But the visit was still worthwhile. And that was despite our inability to enter the house!

The liquid screed has been poured and isn't quite ready to take the weight of my bulky mass - maybe tomorrow. But it was great to peer in through a window and see a smooth floor.

The other sight to behold was the patio doors. They have finally turned up and been fitted:





The rest of today was spent in tile showrooms. After a while they all start to look the same to me. Thankfully, the boss (my wife) has a keener eye than me. Her sensitivity to colour variation is invaluable at this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment